HOUSEBOAT RENTAL AGREEMENT – You will sign this at the resort on arrival.
Check in 4 PM on the ______ Check out 9 AM on the ________
I / we understand:
A $300 deposit must be paid at time of booking. A minimum fee of $100 will be charged for the boat being returned unclean. A late charge of $100 per hour or any part of an hour will be charged for late returns. We will go over the boat operation, places to anchor, and routes to take.
- You are responsible for any damage to the boat or loss of equipment on the boat, this includes anchors, ropes and props.
- 6 gals of gas is included in the rental – after that you pay. (Motor is very efficient)
- Houseboat may only be operated/driven by the Customer, who is 25 years of age or older and whose name appears on the rental agreement.
- Do not dispose of any paper products in toilet. Use small trash cans provided in bathroom for all toilet tissue, etc.
- Do not walk, sit or lie on forward part (over front deck) of top deck (dangerous & will not support weight).
- Be aware of all laws pertaining to the operation of your boat. Violations could result in fines.
- Navigation of boat is prohibited before sunrise and after sunset (Emergency Only).
- No life jackets are to be used for pleasure (Emergency Only) and must be returned dry – unless used for an emergency. Personal Flotation Devices (PFD’s) are required to be worn by all passengers 12 and under while riding outside of the main cabin of the houseboat.
- All garbage must be put in dumpster at Resort. Depending on the time spent on the boat, you may have to come in to have the holding tank emptied and the fresh water tank filled.
- In case of mechanical problems, do not attempt repairs. Report the issue to Resort.
- No person shall operate leased watercraft while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- No more than the number of people or max weight posted on the watercraft are allowed to ride on the watercraft at one time.
Niemeyer’s Rugged River Resort and its’ owners are not responsible for any loss due to equipment failure, weather, illness, accident or change in plans.
I/we acknowledge I/we am/are responsible and assume responsibility to see that family and guests obey the rules. I/we am/are responsible for any and all loss, damages and injuries while operating, maintaining and mooring the houseboat including but not limited to resort property and third party property. Niemeyer’s Rugged River Resort is not liable for loss or other damage to any property of the customer or any other person who may have been in or on the houseboat.
I/we have been instructed in the safe use and navigation of the houseboat and acknowledge that the boat is in sea worthy condition with all necessary safety and life preserving equipment aboard for the safe operation of the vessel.