HOUSEBOAT RENTAL AGREEMENT – You will sign this at the resort on arrival.
Check in 4 PM – 8PM Check out 9 AM
I / we understand:
A deposit must be paid at time of booking. No Smoking in cabin area, a minimum fee of $100 will be charged for the boat being returned unclean or smoked in. A late charge of $100 per hour or any part of an hour will be charged for late returns. We will go over the boat operation, places to anchor, and routes to take.
- You are responsible for any damage to the boat or loss of equipment on the boat, this includes anchors, ropes and props. This will be charged directly to your credit card. (most common repair – prop is $300.00, anchors $100.00/ea.) Do not go past 2nd power line up river – the area is rocky and will damage the boat & motor.
- 12 gals of gas is included in the rental – after that you pay. (Motor is very efficient)
- Houseboat may only be operated/driven by the Customer, who is 25 years of age or older and whose name appears on the rental agreement. No person shall operate leased watercraft while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Do not dispose of any paper products in toilet. Use small trash cans provided in bathroom for all toilet tissue, etc.
- Do not walk, sit or lie on forward part (over front deck) of top deck (dangerous & will not support weight).
- Be aware of all laws pertaining to the operation of your boat. Violations could result in fines.
- Navigation of boat is prohibited before sunrise and after sunset (Emergency Only).
- Life jackets are to be returned dry. Personal Flotation Devices (PFD’s) are required to be worn by all passengers 12 and under while riding outside of the main cabin of the houseboat.
- All garbage must be put in dumpster at Resort, located near the office. Depending on your water usage, you may have to come in to have the holding tank emptied every 2 days and the fresh water tank filled. This is only done in the evenings – due to staffing.
- In case of mechanical problems, do not attempt repairs. Report the issue to Resort.
- No more than the number of people or max weight posted on the watercraft are allowed to ride on the watercraft at one time.
Niemeyer’s Rugged River Resort and its’ owners are not responsible for any loss due to equipment failure, weather, illness, accident or change in plans.
I/we acknowledge I/we am/are responsible and assume responsibility to see that family and guests obey the rules. I/we am/are responsible for any and all loss, damages and injuries while operating, maintaining and mooring the houseboat including but not limited to resort property and third party property. Niemeyer’s Rugged River Resort is not liable for loss or other damage to any property of the customer or any other person who may have been in or on the houseboat.
You will need to sign this agreement at time of check in.
This boat was not made for today’s electronics, nor is it a hotel on water. There is no TV. There are limited outlets and no A/C or heat. It is our hope you will unplug, and enjoy each other and your surroundings. The batteries will have all they can do to run your refrigerator. The more phones, tablets, fans, lights and things you have plugged in, the shorter the time the batteries will last. Run the generator when needed. Cool off in the river, play games and enjoy the sounds of nature and this beautiful River.